mga taga subaybay

Sunday 20 September 2009

angel

Angel

On weary wings I take my flight
To lofty cloudy streaked sky.
Higher into star-filled night
My burdened soul did fly.

Below me now I see the waves
That crash upon the sand.
They seem to me as helpless slaves
Of Neptune's ocean hand.

I think of how I seem to be
A slave in that same way.
With tear stained cheeks
I clearly see the price that I must pay.

And then amidst my sorrow still
I plant my thoughts on you,
And sunshine fills the darkened sky
Birthing it anew.

Water glistens. Gulls fly
In skies now warm and bright,
And suddenly I realize
That you are the source of light.

I watch as still you brighter grow
And cast your light askew.
All at once the heavens glow
With a light that I call "YOU".

I watch a rosebud open up
To drink your beams of love.
Its tender petals spread to sup
The warmth cast from above.

A smile emerges upon my face
As then it dawns on me
That I can bask in an angel's grace.
It is she who set me free.

So my angel, take your flight
Into my life undone.
Mend the pieces of my broken heart,
And make them whole, as one.

Oh my angel, you are to me
A beacon in the night.
A shining star for me to see.
So guide me by your light.

Just love me angel. Be so true.
Stay strong and never sway,
And all my life I'll look after you
And love you every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment